You know him as “Dooner” and probably have heard his name mentioned in some form or fashion amongst logistics media as a whole. And that’s because he’s been pulling a traditionally “boring” industry into the mainstream with his coverage on one of the top business podcasts in Apple~What the Truck?!?
To produce great content you have to be inherently curious at a deep personal level. And then apply that curiosity every day while staying on top of the latest news. Dooner excels at both of these things so it’s not surprising that in just a few years since joining the Freightwaves team, he dominates for every show where he sits down with a microphone.
I finally got a chance to get Dooner on the pod and he does not disappoint. Here are some things you’ll learn in this episode:
- How he set up an interview with Freightwaves CEO and founder Craig Fuller in hopes it would eventually lead to a job offer (spoiler alert: it did)
- How his experience as a customer, broker, sales, and marketing director helps his perspective when he’s covering the logistics industry
- Why curiosity is his superpower
- Out of more than 500+ interviews, learn who is his favorite interview to date (hint: it’s out of this world)
- Where he gets his content inspiration
- And on a serious note, how being open with his alcohol addiction has helped so many folks in private deal with their own struggles.
Links from the show:
- Dooner’s Twitter
- Dooner’s Linkedin
- What the Truck?!? Podcast
- What the Truck?!? Newsletter
- Register for F3
Not mentioned in the show but still pretty rad:
- The Ladies Leadership Coalition has launched~read all about my involvement and what we hope to achieve here. Be sure to also follow the group on Linkedin!
- The Digital Dispatch pod was recently ranked #11 out of FeedSpot’s Top 30 Freight Podcasts.
- Host Blythe Brumleve was named as “Top 7 Inspiring B2B Women to Follow on LinkedIn”
Where to Find Digital Dispatch &
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Are you experienced in freight sales or already an independent freight agent? Listen to our Freight Agent Trenches interview series powered by SPI Logistics to hear directly from the company’s agents on how they took the leap and found a home with SPI freight agent program.
Maximize your website’s performance and security with Digital Dispatch’s web hosting and management.
ABOUT THE PODCAST:
Everything is Logistics is a podcast for the thinkers in freight. Follow the podcast to never miss an episode.